The Student Investment Fund raises student awareness in financial investing by providing an opportunity to invest donor-supplied funds into the stock market. Students receive an education beyond what is taught in the classroom. The purposes of the fund include:
- Provide direct experience in the investment process
- Provide research, presentation, teamwork, leadership and committee experience
- Educate students on investment procedures and research tactics
- Provide networking opportunities
- Expose students to industry technology.